June 23, 2005

Eating Competitions

So we played the black cat last night and it was great. Thanks to all blog peeps for helping make that show rock solid. The band really digs the idea of people finding out about bands from web journals and then those fans actually going out and supporting the band. It appears to be a glorious little community.

MORE IMPORTANTLY

Tonite a serious competition will be taking place. Since we have our first day off in a while, we need to think of a way to keep the momentum up. We decided that we will try to eat a ton of food. Here is the breakdown of who is eating what tonite:

Jon Eaton- 7 McDonalds Cheeseburgers
Thomas Hughes- 60 McDonalds Nuggets
Sam Hughes- 60 McDonalds Nuggets
Scott Weiner- 60 McDonalds Nuggets
Albert Birney- 1 gallon of 1% milk
Locklin- 1 gallon of 1% milk
Eric "Badlands" Booker- pussied out

Everyone is encouraging everyone else to reach new levels of consumption tonite. I feel as though the milk drinkers have the hardest path ahead of them. Bennington College crowned a Beef-Master General to a gentleman who ate 6 cheeseburgers, so 7 may qualify as Jon Eaton becoming the new General. meanwhile we do not know of any chicken nugget eating competitions, but I know Scott's strategy is to imagine the nugget puppets used in McDonalds TV ads as he goes for 60. How many eggs did Paul Newman have to eat in Cool Hand Luke?

Anyway, that is the news of the hour, we are all trying stomach expansion techniques as I type this.

ALSO ALSO ALSO:

I can't seem to get a wire to connect my camera to my computer unless I order it off the internet, so it looks as though my dreams of posting a bunch of pictures with these posts may be threatened, at least until the tour is over. I apologize, but I hear there are a bunch of photos on www.flicker.com if you search for "spinto band."

No comments: